Sunday, February 20, 2011

Anticipation: Bulletstorm



I have not been this excited about a first person shooter in sometime. I generally find the genre to be overfilled and most of the games to be extremely mediocre. But Bulletstorm has me waiting eagerly for it's release. Epic Games' newest game is releasing this Tuesday and I'll be picking it up as soon as I can.

In Bulletstorm you play as a space pirate stuck on a planet filled with man-eating plants, mutant tribes, massive monsters, and your old army platoon trying to hunt you down. All this is topped off with an over-the-top crude sense of humor. And overall a game that, unlike most of its genre, doesn't take itself too seriously. To me this just screams pure and unadulterated fun.

Even if this game didn't seem as fun as it does, I'd still pick it up for one major reason. FoxNews hates it. And simply on principle I'd have to buy it. Any game that pisses this many people off is at the very least worth a look.



The only disappointment I've found so far is the announcement of that there's no co-op play. The only multiplayer I know in the game is a horde mode where a couple players fend off waves of enemies coming at them, and the possibility of an online leader board.

I'll try to post a review of the game once I get it and play through it, or at least a good chunk of it.

What're your thoughts on Bulletstorm? And the controversy surrounding it?

12 comments:

  1. Meh....I'm getting the feeling it will be too much like CoD - something that we don't need.

    However, let's hope I'm wrong. I could use a refresher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played the demo and the game seems like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I doubt it will have a great story line, but the amount of action looks like it will make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You scared the dick offa me!"
    wat

    I'm not too big a fan of the lead's voice, but I'm loving that laser-whip thing. Sucks that there's no co-op though. Major turn-off in a video game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea this looks pretty awesome and it is being made by the creators of Gears but I'm not that excited for it until i see more gameplay and multiplayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This game looks abit OTT for my likings, and the points for fancy kills system just reminds me of *shudder* State of Emergency

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played the demo on Xbox live. It's original and it's very strong point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really looking forward to bulletstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the controversy is being over-played. Also, I look forward to starting this up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking forward to it, looks like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bulletstorm looks INSANE! Definitely getting that! PUMPED!

    ReplyDelete